Sunday, October 4, 2009

I'm HERE!

After a short flight to Philly and a much longer flight to Manchester, followed by missing 2 trains and then finally taking a 2 hour train ride to York, I'm officially here. And check out the train I took! The upholstery in Manchester airport is also purple. I knew there was a reason I wanted to come here!


Long story short, you should always just get on the train and worry about where you'll stow your luggage once you're on. You should also not sit in the handicap portion of the lead car if you elect to stow your massive amounts of luggage there. It is extremely uncomfortable. First class looked pretty spiffy, if you feel like spending some extra dough.

Now, you may have caught that reference to storing massive amounts of luggage. How much luggage does one girl need for a year? Well, if you're this girl and decide it is more cost effective to bring stuff with you rather than buy pretty much everything but clothes overseas, it takes about this much luggage...


It definitely made getting around more difficult, but I saved money and I didn't have to worry about getting clean sheets/towels, which I really am not up for right now. (I've slept maybe 3 hours in the last 30. Not so good.)

But, as I said, I'm HERE!


I still have a LOT of unpacking to do, but I'll try to show you all around my "interesting" pad tomorrow. Time for bed!

5 comments:

  1. How did you move around with that much stuff?? Did you hire a valet?! That makes me in the airport with a tuba, one suitcase, and a backpack look like NOTHING. :O

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course the majority of your luggage as purple. Why did I even have any doubts?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, I brought my dad! It was a lot (sheets, towels, blanket, pot, pan, travel mug, measuring cups, recipe book, tupperware, plates, etc etc etc, not to mention coats/jackets took up a lot of space), but the luggage trolleys were a huge help. And to be fair, most of the stuff in the gray/black suitcase is my dad's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, ok, one carry-on bag was basically all shoes. But a girl needs a lot of shoes! Especially because the sizes (and the fashions) here are strange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, very true about fashion! :) I should bring a parent with me when I want to carry around my tubas, what a good idea!
    Great pics, btw, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete