Friday, September 25, 2009

A Packing List

How on Earth do you pack for an entire year? I have no idea. But, I need to get at least the bulk of what I need for the next year in luggage I can take on the plane with me. I figure that between me and my dad, that's a maximum of 4 checked bags and 2 carry on suitcases. While I can (and will) pick up some things once I'm in the UK, there's still a lot to take with me. Here's my current list. Items in bold will be things I'll pick up once I'm over there and items in italics may be packed or bought there, depending on available space in my suitcases!

1. A minimum of 7 t-shirts/tank tops for summer/spring (I refuse to do laundry more than that!)
2. A minimum of 7 lightweight sweaters/long-sleeve t-shirts for fall/spring
3. A minimum of 7 warm tops for winter (with some overlap with fall attire :)
4. Jeans, capris, shorts
5. Dressy clothes for going out
6. A couple of dresses
7. Some business causal stuff
8. Socks, camis, leggings, etc
9. Raincoat & Umbrella
10. Wool pea coat
11. Scarf, hat, gloves
12. Lightweight jacket for fall/spring (navy corduroy; purple trench)
13. Shoes! Casual, sneakers, dress shoes, moccasins, flip flops
14. Hairdryer and straightener
15. Pajamas, warm and lightweight
16. Hair brush, hair ties, clips, bobby pins
17. Alarm clock
18. Ipod, headphones, USB cord
19. Camera, USB cord, battery charger (note, need to locate the charger...)
20. Backpack
21. Laptop, AC adapter, AC adapter compatible with UK outlets
22. Laptop lap desk, sleeve, wireless mouse
23. Plug adapters
24. Medicines
25. Sweatshirt
26. Cardigans
27. Unlocked Cell phone & charger, UK Sim Card
28. Pot, frying pan, casserole dish, measuring cups (I refuse to figure out the conversions for all the recipes I make), wooden spoon, silverware, mug, cup, plate, spatula, Cutting knife, Tupperware, recipe book
29. Glasses, contacts, contact solution, toiletries
30. Set of sheets, pillow, blanket
31. 2 towels, washcloths, dishtowel
32. Small selection of jewelry
33. Totebag, summer purse, black purse
34. Pictures (need moved off my old laptop to the new one)
35. Planner
36. School supplies: pens, notebooks, notecards
37. Laundry bag; collapsible bag/hamper thing
38. make up bag
39. A small selection of dvds
40. Printer (which I might be able to do without if I can print at school)
41. Ethernet cable

If you actually read through that, I'm sorry :D I'm mostly just add things to this as I think of them so that I hopefully don't forget anything. Think I've forgotten something? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment