Monday, April 12, 2010

What's on the telly?

(copyright BBC)

I like tv. I watch a lot of tv. And while there are a lot of familiar American tv shows airing here- exhibit a: Friends is on All Day Long- there are also some really great British shows too. My favorite new discovery is Doctor Who, a sci-fi adventure featuring a time-traveling alien and his various companions as they save the day throughout history. This week the Doctor and his friend Amy Ponds visited Starship UK, home of the Brits after the Earth is destroyed/uninhabitable and encounter creeptastic smiley statue things. I'm pretty sure SyFy is airing some episodes, but I'm not entirely sure which seasons. Doctor Who originally aired 1963-1989 but was revived in 2005 and continues running strong. Periodically the actor portraying the Doctor changes and is explained by the Doctor regenerating into a new body, usually as a result of major injuries. The eleventh doctor played by Matt Smith (can I just say that I love that he's decked out like a nerdy professor? Bowties and tweed jackets for the win) just started his run 2 episodes ago, so if you've got a chance, give the Doctor Who bandwagon a chance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment